Home Care Insurance for Home Carers Direct Carers
Through Lockton Companies Australia Pty Ltd, Home Carers Direct has arranged insurance for all its Care Givers, when providing services via the Home Carers Direct platform. This provides peace of mind for Care Givers and Care Consumers, while also meeting the requirements of Government approved providers seeking to engage the services of Home Carers Direct’s Care Givers for their clients.
To protect the Home Carers Direct community, the insurance covers ALL Care Givers on the Home Carers Direct platform when providing services to their clients via the Home Carers Direct platform.
The insurances arranged for our Care Givers are:
- Public and Products Liability Insurance,
- Professional Indemnity Insurance,
- Group Personal Accident Insurance.
Please note, it is important to correctly record and pay for all care services via Home Carers Direct, as the insurance only applies if:
- the liability arose as a result of work undertaken via the Home Carers Direct Platform, or
- you were undertaking work via the Home Carers Direct Platform at the time of the injury.
Please note you will not be covered for work that is not undertaken and paid for through the Home Carers Direct platform.
Public and Products Liability Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Group Personal Accident Insurance
Home Carers Direct has arranged Personal Accident Insurance to protect Care Givers from the risk of financial hardship if you are accidentally injured whilst engaged in:
- approved care work;
- direct and uninterrupted travel between your normal place of residence and an approved care workplace;
- direct and uninterrupted travel between your last place of paid work and an approved care workplace;
- direct and uninterrupted travel between one approved care workplace and another approved care workplace; and
- activities undertaken during lunchtimes and meal breaks while at an approved care workplace.
The policy provides:
Accidental Death and Capital Benefits cover of:
- $100,000 for Care Givers with dependents, and
- $50,000 for Care Givers without dependents
Weekly Injury Benefits after an excess period of 14 days:
- 85% of salary up to $750 per week for a period of 8 weeks, and
- 75% of salary up to $750 per week for the remaining period of 96 weeks.
Due to the National Health Act, no coverage is provided under this insurance for medical expenses.
As a significant benefit to its Care Givers, Home Carers Direct is funding the cost of these insurances.